Hi lovely! I’m Saralyn! I’m a law grad turned health coach who is passionate about empowering other women to embrace self-love and master their mindset around weight loss and weight maintenance.
I struggled with my own body image since childhood. Even though I was never overweight as a child, I thought that I was. I was constantly comparing myself to my friends and felt extremely self-conscious when I hit puberty before everyone else. My low opinion of my body stayed with me through college. In my junior year, I started taking medication for anxiety and gained 40 pounds in a year. When I went to law school, I gained another 20 pounds and I found myself just under 200 pounds. I would spend the next 6 years trying to lose weight and maintain my weight loss. The problem was that I didn’t like myself very much and my self-talk was extremely negative. I was angry and bitter. I felt worthless and even remember saying out loud “I hate you” when I looked in the mirror after binge eating. It’s no wonder I couldn’t keep my excess weight off! How could I make healthy choices for myself when I didn’t even value my own self-worth?
Slowly but surely, my mindset started shifting a few years ago. I was tired of putting myself down and decided to try something new. I decided to actually believe that I could reach my goal of losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight loss. I told myself that I had already arrived and it was just a matter of time.
It took me 14 months to lose 50 pounds. I made positive strides around my relationship with food and even started training to become a ninja warrior athlete! However, I certainly wasn't perfect and perfection is not the goal. The best part of my journey has been inspiring and motivating other women who struggle with similar issues. The desire to lose weight has been a constant theme throughout my life but I did not find success until I adopted a new mindset. This inspired me to leave a career in law and coach other women around these issues. I find true joy in empowering other women to embrace self-love along their journey and I can't wait to get to know the awesome and only YOU that is YOU!
What are my credentials?
In addition to undergoing my own health and wellness transformation, I have coached hundreds of people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. I understand the struggles associated with being overweight because I tried and failed to lose weight for over 6 years before I found lasting success. What changed for me? I started working one-on-one with a health coach who helped me come up with strategies to make lasting behavior change and shift my mindset. Finding a personal coach was a game changer! All of a sudden, I had someone who was completely invested in my success and there to help me take serious action towards my goals. Now, I’m living my passion to help others do the same.
I am currently working towards my Masters degree from Maryland University of Integrative Health in Health & Wellness Coaching with a focus on Integrative Nutrition. I hold a B.A. from Baylor University and a J.D. from American University Washington College of Law.
- As your coach, I partner with you alongside your weight loss and weight maintenance journey.
- I empower you to make lasting behavior change.
- My ONE-one-ONE sessions are conducted through motivational interviewing where I ask questions to uncover mental barriers and explore strategies for growth.
- Coaching sessions are guided by what YOU want to discuss and gain insight on.
- I help keep you accountable towards your goals and celebrate each success!
- The Notch coaching program is not a diet or nutrition plan. My program is designed to complement any nutrition program of your choice. You do not need to follow any specific nutrition plan to work with me. I'm always happy to help you identify a nutrition plan that will work best for you.
- I am not a coach that will tell you what you should do. Rather, I help empower you to discover your own strengths and abilities to achieve sustainable weight loss.
- While I do help you stay accountable to your goals I am NEVER disappointed in you. Every challenge is a learning opportunity and will help us identify areas for growth.